What's new

Great experience with MS Online Support!

spinachpie

Just finished an online chat with MS regarding my loud fan and they have exceeded my expectations.

I took the SP3 to the store today and they were pushing back on me, so thought I would try MS.

The assistant offered to send UPS to come and pick up my SP3 and then when it is received, they will send me a replacement immediately. I didn't mind this, but they mentioned that it could be refurbished. I wasn't enamored with this and he said he would send me an email I could show to the store stating that MS officially authorizes an exchange.

That made me very happy - all I want is a working SP3, so that would cure my ills.

I also found that the assistant was actually human in the interaction and not a robot.

Very happy with the experience. Well done on that one MS

nipponham

We don’t have MS stores in Japan, (yet), so all my interaction with CSR have been through chat. No waiting times and thorough, if not redundant, walk-throughs to verify issues. Unfortunately they have not been able to resolve my keyboard issues but there’s only so much they can do when it comes to hardware problems. But service has been very good and I always give them good marks on the online survey afterwards.

bluegrass

Spinichpie - Let us know when you go to the MS store if they give you a new one in exchange. Do you have the extended warranty plan?

OP
spinachpie

spinachpie

We don't have MS stores in NZ either so was surprised he offered the UPS pickup.

I'm going into the store tomorrow to see of the email from MS suffices. Hopefully I'll have good news :)

grumpy

Your best bet is to just return it for a refund (and repurchase) if you are still within that return window.

OP
spinachpie

spinachpie

Finally have a replacement!

And even better, I seem to be very lucky. They have given me a brand new i5 256GB with 8GB RAM instead of my i5 128GB with 4GB RAM by mistake.

Am not complaining. That store has very bad customer service though so I do not feel bad.