What's new

Great features of Windows RT that people may not know about...

capdad

I just mapped my WHS music folder to the RT and they show up in the xbox music area. very nice. I did this for video's as well. The only issue I am having is having my pictures show up, but I am still working on it

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Aw: Great features of Windows RT that people may not know about...

@elee No, musicmonkey doesn't support the drm-files of music pass. But in every other way it's the best music app at the moment - despite it's unable to recognize my twonky dlna, which is working fine with multimedia8 and sometimes it's crashing, when I'm scanning my library on my network drive (huge).

ArnoldC

I just mapped my WHS music folder to the RT and they show up in the xbox music area. very nice. I did this for video's as well. The only issue I am having is having my pictures show up, but I am still working on it
This will work as the requirement for integrating is that a service must be indexing the files on the remote machine. A NAS doesn't have one compatible with Windows Search.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

elee532

I've actually got a spare copy of WHS lying around... got it as a "gift" from MS for participating in some user study a few years ago. Unfortunately, I don't have any hardware to run it on currently. :) I think the solution that is going to work for me is to move my music from the NAS to a portable USB drive connected to my Windows 8 PC and then stream from this PC to the Xbox System Music Player. I am still curious to hear more about the original poster's (chatterbot) comment that the USB drive connected to his router is treated as another drive. What router are you using chatterbot? Are you saying that your Surface RT sees this as a local drive, and not as a mapped network drive? Thanks!