What's new

Great Support Experience

Shawn Alfenito

I have posted on this forum before about using my Surface Pro 3 heavily for art purposes. As is well documented already, the new Surface Pen tip does wear very quickly for many users. I contacted MS support through the online chat the other day and was very disappointed with the support individuals awareness of this issue, or any program MS has in place to replace the tip. SurfaceProArtist.com has a detailed article stating that MS has already implemented a no hassle replacement process to anyone requesting a tip. After 40 min I finally agreed to have him send me a replacement pen, requiring me to mail back the "defective" one. This is less than ideal and does not solve the real issue. After calling MS directly, I was able to have a representative mail me out a new nib as well. Now, here is the awesome part. This morning I received an email from a supervisor at the Surface Care Team stating that he had been made aware of my experience and was very sorry. He proactively arranged for me to have a package of several nibs sent to my home, and he told me I could keep the extra pen free of charge! This experience shows a company realign concerned about it's customers experience with it's products and that they really care what the early adopters of this great product have to say about it. I will definitely be sharing this story with anyone who asks me about my Surface Pro 3! Thank you MS!
upload_2014-7-14_17-54-23.png

ctitanic

I used MS Chat to get the replacement tips. I asked the lady there about if MS was planning to sell them of my closest MS local Store. She did not know but she offered to call the manager of my local store to find that and she did that. I was really impressed.

wynand32

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I've been very impressed with Microsoft's service since I bought my SP3. Everyone I've dealt with has bent over backwards to take care of any issues I've run into.

grumpy

Well, that is depressing... I have gotten nothing from MS support other than a giant "screw you"...

Kif

Well, that is depressing... I have gotten nothing from MS support other than a giant "screw you"...

Funny I put in a support ticket for the wireless issues and I got the most apologetic service ever. They even offered to replace my machine which I said was totally unnecessary.

bluegrass

It appears as though you did create your member name correctly. If you have names of MS service people who told you to basically shove it, you might want to get the name of the rep that wrote the replies back to the above users wanting to help & drop him a line with names and details of the service problems you had.

grumpy

It appears as though you did create your member name correctly.
Well, my main reason for joining these forums was to discuss my issues with the SP2 - so, my screen-name very much reflects my demeanor at the time of my joining (and even more-so now).

If you have names of MS service people who told you to basically shove it, you might want to get the name of the rep that wrote the replies back to the above users wanting to help & drop him a line with names and details of the service problems you had.
I suppose that my characterization of my support interactions as "screw you" may have been a little harsh but I am quite frustrated with the entire lengthy ordeal and lack of a satisfactory resolution.

I have actually fully detailed (and I do mean detailed) my ordeal in the SP2 forum.

Last edited:

ipaq_101

I have contacted MS Surface support three times and in each instance they were understanding and did everything they could to help out and got all my issues resolved.

Maybe you caught someone who had a bad day and it sucks and isn't an excuse, but it happens. Sometimes we forget there are people on the other side of the phone or computer as well.

At least you didn't get this guy: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...t-time-asked-cancel-service-article-1.1867728