What's new

Greetings from Sunny California!

martinjj

Hi, I'm a new Surface Pro owner and absolutely love it. Its great to be able to use the attached keyboard when you want, and detach it and use as a tablet for browsing and quick emails. The glass keyboard works as well as the iPad ones that I've tried on friends devices.

The only problem that I'm having is that many times now the screen gets stuck in one orientation and won't switch. I haven't gone in and locked it that way..it just sometimes does it itself. When I go into the screen setting window by swiping from the right, it will show its locked and not allow me to unlock it. I either have to reboot, or sometimes I can re attach the keyboard and unattach it again and it will fix itself.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Welcome. not sure about that problem. You are sure you aren't locking it? Anyway not being able to unlock it sounds like an issue. Since it is new it is probably a good time to try a refresh and see if that corrects the issue.

J515OP

Super Moderator
It does. It will leave personal files and settings but clear everything else (updates, apps, etc.). If the Refresh doesn't work a Reset is the next thing to try and that will wipe everything to a fresh out of the box state. Probably a better option than having a stuck screen rotation if you don't find another solution though.

souldier

Hi that seems to be an issue with the touch cover. I notice that when I am using the touch cover and have my kick stand out, then the screen locks and it will not allow me to rotate. I never noticed it until now since I never rotate my screen when I am in this mode. When I fold the touch cover back, the rotate lock turns off and it rotates quickly and flawlessly. Does your touch/type cover turn off when you fold it back or can you still press the keys? Perhaps for some reason, your system still thinks you're in "laptop" mode. I would try going to a Microsoft store and testing out other touch covers with our device and seeing if the problem gets solved. If it does, have your touch cover exchanged.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Hi that seems to be an issue with the touch cover. I notice that when I am using the touch cover and have my kick stand out, then the screen locks and it will not allow me to rotate. I never noticed it until now since I never rotate my screen when I am in this mode. When I fold the touch cover back, the rotate lock turns off and it rotates quickly and flawlessly. Does your touch/type cover turn off when you fold it back or can you still press the keys? Perhaps for some reason, your system still thinks you're in "laptop" mode. I would try going to a Microsoft store and testing out other touch covers with our device and seeing if the problem gets solved. If it does, have your touch cover exchanged.

That is actually a clever feature.