What's new

Greetings from Sunny Florida!

EDRo

Hello! The name's Ed. I'm 44 years old and reside in north east Florida. I recently won a Surface 2 with the Music Kit (Music remix "blade" keyboard and app) in the Twitter/Vine "Remix your life" contest! I'm very happy to report that I received my prize today via UPS.

My prize only included the 32GB Surface 2 tablet and the Music Kit, so I went down to the local Microsoft Store here in Jacksonville and bought a new Type Cover 2 for it. I chose Purple! :D

So far, I'm loving this thing (currently getting all the updates/firmware updates etc..) I've decided that this RT version will suit me just fine. I plan on using this solely as a tablet/consumption device. I have my Core i7 gaming desktop and a pretty decent laptop to handle all my X86/legacy needs.

I'm also happy to report that despite what I've heard about the build quality issues some people were having, mine is problem free and perfect! The volume rocker is nice and solid.. and the speakers sound great!

Now, besides the obvious Music "Remix" app, I need to do some app shopping. Anyone know of a good, FREE MKV player?

Last edited:
OP
EDRo

EDRo

WP_20131216_12_28_52_Pro.jpg

OP
EDRo

EDRo

So, my Windows ecosystem is coming full circle! All I need now is an Xbox One for it to be complete!

Desktop Core i7 gaming PC - Windows 7 Ultimate
Laptop Dual Core AMD - Windows 8.1
Surface 2 RT - Windows 8.1 RT
Nokia Lumia 1020 - Windows Phone 8
Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Phone 8