What's new

GTA V on Surface Pro 3, i7 and intel HD 5000

mmuuuuhh

Hello everyone,

I'm running GTA V on an Microsoft Surface Pro 3.
It is one of the greater ones with i7 core, 8 GB RAM and an intel HD 5000 graphic board. I'm displaying the game on an external (older) TFT monitor with 1200x1080p max.

The game is running but sadly I had to cut down many graphic-settings.

Is here someone who also runs the game on an surface pro 3, and can tell me what the best possible graphic options are?

CrippsCorner

Apologies I didn't even read the comments to realise it was being streamed! Although, that's intrigued me further as I had no idea you could even do that from a PS4...

TunaSurface

Apologies I didn't even read the comments to realise it was being streamed! Although, that's intrigued me further as I had no idea you could even do that from a PS4...

Well technically anyone with a fast enough internet speed could just Twitch stream it to any device ;).

vxm

interesting that you can stream from PS4 to SP3, I must check streaming options on my gaming rig, such use of SP3 would be great for me :)

CrippsCorner

Yeah I believe DS4 support was enabled before the Xbox controller too... priorities!

Regarding Twitch, can you actually play streamed games? I thought it was literally just for 'showing' what you were doing.

TunaSurface

Yeah I believe DS4 support was enabled before the Xbox controller too... priorities!

Regarding Twitch, can you actually play streamed games? I thought it was literally just for 'showing' what you were doing.

No you can't play streamed games, but if your controller has a connection with your console and the lag delay isn't that bad then potentially any device you can watch the stream from could be used as a monitor.
I haven't tried this since my internet speeds are horrendous.

twitch.png
Edit: Literally no idea if this works but why wouldn't it :=)
Can't fault a man for having ambition.

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
No you can't play streamed games, but if your controller has a connection with your console and the lag delay isn't that bad then potentially any device you can watch the stream from could be used as a monitor.
I haven't tried this since my internet speeds are horrendous.

View attachment 5992 Edit: Literally no idea if this works but why wouldn't it :=)
Take the Internet out of that and you stand a chance, otherwise not a snowballs chance.