What's new

Guide: All About Battery Life

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

Added one more recommendation

Disable WiFi while in sleep. By default, your Surface stays connected to WiFi while it's asleep. Turn this off by going to Settings->Power & Sleep->WiFi

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

By the way, I just learned that YouTube streams to Chrome in a codec that does not use Graphic Acceleration and as result consume more CPU. The solution is to get this extension
H264ify

kristalsoldier

Added one more recommendation

Disable WiFi while in sleep. By default, your Surface stays connected to WiFi while it's asleep. Turn this off by going to Settings->Power & Sleep->WiFi

But isn't turning off WIFI or initiating Flight Mode the same thing? The idea is to turn off the WIFI radio, correct?

JSilva

Hello, there, i have a Surface Pro 3 I3, bought on July 2016. My battery used to last about 8-9 hours, just surfing the internet without seeing videos and reading the newspapaper in offline mode. Since last September/October (i believe after some update), the battery only lasts 4-5 hours doing exactly the same things. I usually charged the battery when it went below 10 %, not always, but in 80-90 % of the charges. What shall i do ?

Thanks,
JSilva

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reset/reinstall windows and see if there is any change. If this happened suddenly after an update, then chances are it can be fixed, especially as this doesn't seem to be a common problem.