What's new

Had our First Surface replacement

awwshoot

So last week we had the pen interface stop functioning on the lower inch of the screen. reach that point and the cursor stopped following the pen tip down and moved to the right instead. Touch worked just fine all the way down.

I purchased our Surface Pro 4s through Dell to get their complete care plan. One short call passing info back and forth and a replacement was shipped Overnight. Replacement arrived with scratches on the display. Contacted Dell again and told them about the scratches, they tried to get a new replacement, but were denied so they immediately pushed through another replacement device which should arrive soon.

The Dell Rep states that they cannot open these systems up so they basically become the middle men for Microsoft which shortens any between time considerably!

I do not understand how Microsoft finds this type of replacement acceptable!?! Just hope the next one is in better condition!

Sad thing is I have have heard worse stories of others getting some pretty rough looking tablets as replacements!

Plantje

I will soon get my fourth Surface 3 this year, but I never had any complaints about the state of the replacement devices. Only problem I have is the display has issues over time

MaxBuck

Having had a corner of my screen shatter on my initial SP4, I went through the replacement program MS has implemented. Cost me $450 to have a replacement unit, and unfortunately lost my Outlook .pst file. :mad:

I've since purchased a padded case that the SP4 will always be placed in before it goes into my briefcase. These things are too sensitive to impact at the corners.

Plantje

You know upfront that all data is lost right? And a .pst file should be pretty easy to save.

My tablet is part of my home insurance. If one of the kids drops it it gets replaced.

MaxBuck

You know upfront that all data is lost right? And a .pst file should be pretty easy to save.

It came as a big surprise to me that the .pst file didn't sync to my Dropbox account the way I thought it had. That's really the only file I lost.

CrippsCorner

My tablet is part of my home insurance. If one of the kids drops it it gets replaced.

Home insurance is definitely the way :) used it when my iPhone was stolen.

bluegrass

Having had a corner of my screen shatter on my initial SP4, I went through the replacement program MS has implemented. Cost me $450 to have a replacement unit, and unfortunately lost my Outlook .pst file. :mad:

Even thought the screen may not work, you probably could have hooked up an external monitor and saved you pst file.