What's new

happy with windows 10

OP
S

sean_scouser

i werent sure at first whether to upgrade straight away as i was worried my pioneer ddj sb wouldnt work with serato , they have all worked fine too , with updates i can see it just getting better and better

BOBEL

I DO AGREE WITH ALL WIN 10 IS A VERY GOOD UPGRADE I HAVE NO PROBLEMS YET, BEING AN X RT USER AND A NEW SP3 USER
THAT WIN 10 IS A OK.

EddySnoozah

I am happy with W10. I upgraded to W10 on the first day that the Insider Preview was released months ago. One issue for me is that under Sign-in options, it won't let me change my Windows PIN and I have to sign in with my MS account password, which is a little bit of a pain 'cos it's quite long and complicated and I often make mistakes entering it.

Something I realized this week is that my Pro 3 is still running W10 Insider Preview Evaluation Copy (build 10074) whereas when I upgraded my home PC from Win 7 to Win 10 a couple of days ago, the version of Win 10 on my PC says Windows 10 Home (i.e. no build or version number). Is anyone else running something more advanced than the Preview Evaluation Copy on their Pro 3? I check regularly for updates, and maybe I'm expecting a bit much to think that MS will push through a finalized version of Win 10 for those of us running the Preview Evaluation?

lparsons21

Overall I like W10, but I sure don't like the battery sucking it does! Even in suspend it eats up the battery way too fast and that is on my SP2 and Yoga 2 Pro.

As of right now if they don't get this fixed before the 30 day window to go back to W8.1, I'll be going back. IMO, not enough benefit to have the downside of very short battery life.

kundas1

I'm in the same boat! not used to the batt going down so fast! also I keep getting a pop up telling me a I plugged in earphones when I didn't... very annoying

yonghong

Overall I like W10, but I sure don't like the battery sucking it does! Even in suspend it eats up the battery way too fast and that is on my SP2 and Yoga 2 Pro.

As of right now if they don't get this fixed before the 30 day window to go back to W8.1, I'll be going back. IMO, not enough benefit to have the downside of very short battery life.
Me five

seyclone

I liked Win 8.1. I'm not seeing any remarkable difference between 8.1 and 10. So, I'm good with 10. I've disabled Cortana (not really suitable on a laptop) I felt the same about Siri on an iPad. Edge is OK, bit still a little raw. Chrome still gets my vote, technologically over any other browser. I use the NY Times website for tests and Chrome supports all of the vertical and horizontal sliding of story shortcuts. I've also been running 10 on an ancient Dell laptop and it performs pretty well other than the Klunkiness associated with running the OS on a non-touch screen display.

In short - Good Job Microsoft!

I liked Win 8.1. I'm not seeing any remarkable difference between 8.1 and 10. So, I'm good with 10. I've disabled Cortana (not really suitable on a laptop) I felt the same about Siri on an iPad. Edge is OK, bit still a little raw. Chrome still gets my vote, technologically over any other browser. I use the NY Times website for tests and Chrome supports all of the vertical and horizontal sliding of story shortcuts. I've also been running 10 on an ancient Dell laptop and it performs pretty well other than the Klunkiness associated with running the OS on a non-touch screen display.

In short - Good Job Microsoft!

Me too as of now.

revmike

I'm beginning to come around, I've been running it on a hp slate 500. Can't comment on battery life since it does not hold a charge longer than 15 minutes, so it stays plugged in all the time. I like the desktop and may switch my desktop over, but I'm going to wait awhile before loading it on my SP2. One thing I don't like is edge, went back to IE after digging it out of hiding.