What's new

Hard Drive Halved

psnative

My Surface Pro 1 Windows 8.1 now only shows 110 GB drive. It's a 256. Can't remember the last time I looked but it's always said +/- 256

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Run Disk Cleanup by right clicking on the "C" Drive from Explorer and click on the Tools Tab - make sure you select System Files.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@psnative ,

Click search/Cortana and type "Cleanup". You will see the disk cleanup tool at the top of your list. Launch. Then while running the app, you will see "Clean up system files" on the bottom-left.

Capture.JPG

OP
psnative

psnative

I don't want to free up disc space, I want to know what happened to the other 128 GB of my hard drive. It says I only have 110 GB of storage & it should say 256 (or close to it) which is what my computer is

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't want to free up disc space, I want to know what happened to the other 128 GB of my hard drive. It says I only have 110 GB of storage & it should say 256 (or close to it) which is what my computer is
Could you post a screen shot of the drive in Disk Management.

OP
psnative

psnative

Ugh, nevermind...just realized I am 128. I knew i upgraded but thought it was from 128 to 256...but they made 64 & I got the 128...sorry for the bother, thanks for the replies.