What's new

Solved Hardware acceleration problems suddenly solved

pHneutral

Hey there.
After todays Windows update, suddenly some hardware acceleration issues I had seem solved.
After previous update (that included a firmware update, unlike today's update), my Surface 4 (i7) felt less snappy overall. Online video playback seemed more sluggish/stutterish, and there was this Chrome minimizing/maximizing "blacked-out window" issue, until you clicked something, that also seems solved now.
Anyone any idea what was going on? Are things better for others as well now?

Still I notice YouTube/Vimeo Playback in Edge is really sluggish, even on 1080p, and 1440p having major unwatchable stutter. Anyone else experiencing this? Any tips? Thanks!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear about many hardware acceleration issues being fixed on your SP4. No stutter or sluggishness on my Edge (Surface Book i7, Fall Creators Update preview Windows 10 Pro 1709 Build 16288.1 ). Perhaps more improvements are on the way for you...

OP
P

pHneutral

Good to hear about many hardware acceleration issues being fixed on your SP4. No stutter or sluggishness on my Edge (Surface Book i7, Fall Creators Update preview Windows 10 Pro 1709 Build 16288.1 ). Perhaps more improvements are on the way for you...

Thanks Sharpuser :) Still curious to hear if others with the Surface Pro 4 i7 have playback issues in Edge, but not in Chrome. It's a minor things, I mean I use Chrome anyway, just wondering.. :)

clouds5

I agree my surface pro 4 experience has been superb as of late. The touchscreen seems more responsive even though I'm using a screen protector, battery life is stable and very good and I cant remember when I had my last freeze or forced restart or anything like that. Loving it. It's the best mobile computer that I've seen.
What do you guys mean with slugging performance on streaming? Laggy scrolling when a vid is running? Or stuttering playback? I'm asking because I have the core m/4gb and I've never had performance issues like that. At least nothing that bothered me.

Last edited: