What's new

Has anyone pre-ordered from Bestbuy?

godson594

Hello there,

I went online to pre-order a 256gb SP2 from Bestbuy so I could use my BB card (no interest 18mo) BUT it will only let me ship to my house and I want it shipped to store. (I don't trust my neighborhood)

Anyways I drove to Bestbuy and the main sales guy AND a manager couldn't figure out how to even do a pre-order for a SP2 - Pretty frustrating start I guess.

Hopefully I'll be able to go buy one in store on release :angry:

hah oh ya forgot to mention I went to the actual Microsoft store just to see if they offer financing - guy did a (wink wink) says I can buy visa cards with my Bestbuy card then shop anywhere.. I was like UHHHH NOPE?!

I am a Windows guy from start who switched to Apple and am trying to switch back to Windows - I certainly do see a difference in the people I have dealt with from Apple to Microsoft...

Last edited:

Dim-Ize

I was unable to pre-order in store too. I did order online, using my personal cc and it is in fact only able to ship to my house. I see your point and understand where you're coming from. Sorry.

I doubt they would leave the delivery without signing for it. Would likely leave sticker on door for attempt and you can pickup or reschedule delivery for convenience.

Dim-Ize

Did you actually expect a MS product release to go smoothly?

I ordered from Best Buy.

The experience wasn't any different from the three iPads and BlackBerry devices I pre-ordered over the last 24 months. Not sure I understand what you mean.

shazada

At the Online store you can even pay with PayPal and can configure a lot of addresses at you PayPal account.

TeknoBlast

When the current Surface was launched, I ordered from the MS Store online and my wife happened to out at the time of delivery. The UPS guy didn't live it at the store, he took it back to the depot and I had to pick it up after work. Now this was from the MS Store online, not sure how Best Buy treats these same high dollar items.

oion

At the Online store you can even pay with PayPal and can configure a lot of addresses at you PayPal account.

Someone confirmed that the PayPal option doesn't work for preorders, besides which there's the "sold out" problem.

shazada

Someone confirmed that the PayPal option doesn't work for preorders, besides which there's the "sold out" problem.

Is it? When I pre-ordered from the Online store it was having issues. So I called them and there they told me that I could also use PayPay, I already had my Creditcard linked to my MS account for XBOX so I didn't really needed it.

oion

Is it? When I pre-ordered from the Online store it was having issues. So I called them and there they told me that I could also use PayPay, I already had my Creditcard linked to my MS account for XBOX so I didn't really needed it.

Well, if you could use PayPal for MS store pre-order, that's a nice option. Just reporting what someone else said. But there's still the "sold out" thing of course...