What's new

Has the surface totally replaced your tablet?

lparsons21

My SP has taken over almost all of my tablet needs, but I'll keep the iPad Mini for Airplay and some book reading. I've got too much in my iTunes library including books that I don't want to lose access to.

Currently the SP is mostly tablet use with some lighter desktop use (original SP).

Got an HP 23" Beats all-in-one touch desktop to act as 'server' in the network and do the more heavy duty stuff. Had thought to get a touch monitor to use with the SP instead of getting a new desktop but decided that didn't make sense.

All this is to gradually move away from most things Apple 'cause I don't like the direction that Yosemite, the new OS coming, is taking.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Surfaces have replaced my other tablets... currently switching between the SP3 and Surface 2.

Joe Torres

Yep it did for me as well. I was using an old Dell 15inch before, then got the Lenovo Yoga 11s which was really a nice upgrade. But then I fell in love with the SP3 and so I gave the Yoga to my wife and I've been loving on my SP3 ever since.

dstrauss

The SPro3 has replaced everything except my phone. It's no more "unwieldy" as a tablet than my original iPad; it is a great laptop (just not quite as easy to balance as a MacBook Air); and is a full desktop replacement for me when docked and connected to TWO 27" WQHD monitors. Are there compromises - sure - at each size and use category - but there is nothing as versatile as my SPro 3 - NOTHING. If the i5 just had a 512GB option, it would be perfect. I'm hoping they offer that as an option with the SPro3.

Yes, I know, my Office 365 subscription has an unlimited storage OneDrive account, but there is a lot of data I want physically, and want it regardless of internet connectivity. If Microsoft releases a Lumia flagship that can use my N-Trig pen, even the iPhone 6 will go overboard for an all Windows experience.