What's new

Have they fixed the bug where the device crashes when booting from sleep?

GoodBytes

I used to have the problem, but not anymore.
What I did, was uninstall every single item from device manager (uninstalling USB/HID stuff last, as I need keyboard, and mouse, or touch to continue to uninstall). If it asked to reboot, I did not. One done, I restarted the computer.
After restart Windows re detected everything, and since no issue.

ohioDroid

I used to have the problem, but not anymore.
What I did, was uninstall every single item from device manager (uninstalling USB/HID stuff last, as I need keyboard, and mouse, or touch to continue to uninstall). If it asked to reboot, I did not. One done, I restarted the computer.
After restart Windows re detected everything, and since no issue.

EVERYTHING everything? Audio, batteries, firmware, display, processors, etc.? Or just things like HID, imaging...

How long ago did you do that? Weeks, months? That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea, eliminating a possible bad driver and letting it reinstall the latest and greatest.

Last edited:

GoodBytes

It's been over a month.
Yes, everything that Windows allows me to uninstall (without checking to delete the drivers), and restart the system once done, for Windows to re-install them.
I also did not let Windows Update install the firmware, which is something that will show up as you soon as you start uninstalling devices, because you need to continue to uninstall the rest.

Be sure to be plugged in as well while you do it.

Last edited:
OP
macmee

macmee

It's been over a month.
Yes, everything that Windows allows me to uninstall (without deleting the drivers), and restart the system for Windows to re-install them. Not Windows Update to install the firmware, which is something that will show up as you start uninstalling devices (which is normal).

You did this to force Windows to download and use the latest drivers?

GoodBytes

No. I am thinking there is a driver conflict that needs to be corrected.

Just a note, because I just recall it:
If things don't fully install after you restarted the system, restart again, and it should be fine.
I have a feeling I had to restart 3 times after uninstalling everything. But, I don't recall exactly.

TPadden

Have you tried disabling hibernate (In the elevated command prompt, type powercfg -h off and press Enter). The device shuts down and reboots so fast there really is no need for me to ever hibernate it. I think the suspend problem may be the hibernate transition. Since I turned it off I haven't had any suspend-wake problems.

GoodBytes

Have you tried disabling hibernate (In the elevated command prompt, type powercfg -h off and press Enter). The device shuts down and reboots so fast there really is no need for me to ever hibernate it. I think the suspend problem may be the hibernate transition. Since I turned it off I haven't had any suspend-wake problems.

I had a look, and it seams I have disabled Hybrid Sleep (meaning I set the computer on all my power plans, to never hibernate from sleep). But I do recall, this was not the fixed. But you can try, as I have it disabled and have no problem.

I do use Hibernation at times, so I have that feature enabled.

OP
macmee

macmee

I had a look, and it seams I have disabled Hybrid Sleep (meaning I set the computer on all my power plans, to never hibernate from sleep). But I do recall, this was not the fixed. But you can try, as I have it disabled and have no problem.

I do use Hibernation at times, so I have that feature enabled.

Isn't hibernate desired behaviour to save battery life because the system is in a completely off state, the only expense being some IO for the pagefile?

GoodBytes

Isn't hibernate desired behaviour to save battery life because the system is in a completely off state, the only expense being some IO for the pagefile?

I usually shutdown my system. I put it hibernate when I want to keep my session for tomorrow.
Note that I do put my system to sleep a lot as well, hence how I noticed the problem on my side initially, with my standard usage scenario which hasn't changed.

beebskadoo

I usually shutdown my system. I put it hibernate when I want to keep my session for tomorrow.
Note that I do put my system to sleep a lot as well, hence how I noticed the problem on my side initially, with my standard usage scenario which hasn't changed.

Hi goodbyes, nice to see you on here :)

I just joined :)