What's new

Have this strange tear line in edge.

Derekamoss

It only happens in edge I think. Haven't noticed it on anything else that has a white background ie. Word.
Annotation 2019-03-14 130302.jpg

elbaz

I don’t think it is a hardware issue, it would not show up in a screen shot. Unless you used a camera to take it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cob

I have been having the exact same issue. I have tried other drivers but still get the line. I have been using other browsers and it doesn't appear to happen with other software, only with Edge. Have you figured out a solution. I was afraid it was the Gpu as well but still testing everything out.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
This is a graphics issue only - not hardware. Shows up on my Surface Book units. Seems to be some attempt at optimization, not quite right. Appears when a video widget is somewhere on any site currently in a tab.

OP
D

Derekamoss

This is a graphics issue only - not hardware. Shows up on my Surface Book units. Seems to be some attempt at optimization, not quite right. Appears when a video widget is somewhere on any site currently in a tab.
Yeah that could be it. Relieved to know its not a hardware problem!

Wayne Orwig

I have seen that occasionally, for a couple of months now, only in Edge.
Didn't figure it was hardware, glad to know it isn't.

OP
D

Derekamoss

Only had the Surface Book for a few weeks so for me it was persistent from the start so had no clue. Just glad I know now.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Here's how I made this issue go away on the Surface Book 2 15 inch:

1. Right-click desktop, choose NVIDIA Control Panel
2. Click Program Settings tab
3. Select Microsoft Edge and Add to a list of programs to customize
4. Select High-performance NVIDIA processor and Apply. Close window.

This instructs Windows 10 to run Edge with a high-performance video processor.

Annotation 2019-03-16 075341.jpg