What's new

Have this strange tear line in edge.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The NVIDIA workaround consumes battery energy faster. I hope Microsoft can fix this issue with Edge Browser.

OP
D

Derekamoss

Glad I didn't use that route. I have a contact in Microsoft(an Executive Vice President) that I friendly with and might ask him to send this to the surface team for me. Don't know if it will work but might help them be aware more of the problem. Feedback Hub really hasn't ever done anything worthwhile so i'm not optimistic on that front.

Edit.
Ok this is what I said in the email I sent him.

"Hey Rich, I was wondering if you could send this email to the Surface Team or who whoever it should go too. I’ve gone through feedback hub and as much as I like the idea of it, it doesn’t seem to really work as it should, so this is the only other option I know.

The bug is this weird screen tearing going on in Edge only.(See attachment) I don’t have the same problem on my Surface Pro, only on my Surface Book. I’ve asked on Surface Reddit, SurfaceForums.net, and in Macrumors forum where there is a forum about alternate to Mac Hardware and everyone has it. A lot of people were freaked because they though the graphics card was failing until I posted about it and everyone realized it all of us that have it.

The workaround right now is to install the latest driver from graphics card provider. I myself prefer only install apps from the store so I wouldn’t use it anyways but a lot of people who don’t go to those sites will see it and be freaked out about it, maybe trying to return it and I don’t think either of us wants that."

Last edited: