What's new

having problem with new SP4!

k90211lee

Hello SP Guru,

After sfc scan, MS tech figured out hardware problem, give me a new SP4 replacement. It still have the same problem on sfc scan with the new one. "found corrupt files, unable to fix them." Is it something to worry about? Does it happen to anyone?

Also, Does anyone use Kaspersky internet security? It kept on shutting down half way through. A least, I narrow it down to having conflict with chrome browser and extension (Lastpass, Adblock, Speaklt). I'm sure how to solve this, give up/not use one of them?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys...

K.

aa.png

K.

Did you look at the log file? I think you can safely ignore it. I see the same thing because of a corrupt/missing OpenCl.dll file.

Telstar1948

I used Kaspersky with my SP3 and now with my Surface Book. Haven't noticed any problem(s) connected to Kaspersky that I'm aware of.

EMINENT

I have always used free solutions with no problems.

Avast has worked very well for me since W7. I haven't used or needed an anti-virus since 8 as Defender works very well for me, but I don't know what you're getting into to warrant a third party program.

I'd go the free route for now if you feel the need for the extra protection and see if you have the same problems. Hopefully, as more and more report the issue, it'll be patched.

OP
K

k90211lee

Finally, have a chance to look at the sfc scan log. I really don't know what all it mean. The log is 11mb too big to attach so I load it to my drop box. Here is the link, Dropbox - sfc scan.txt
if you guys know what it means, I like to know. Hope, nothing serious and fixable with upgrade like "leeshor" said.

Latest problem, My pc clock is incorrect/delay after a day or two later, I did turn on 3 or 4 time "Set time on Automatically". Do you know what causing it?

Chrome extension bearturnnel was the cause that shut down Kaspersky. They have a fix for it. One Problem solve! :)

K