What's new

Having problems with time sync

GmC

Hey I have similar issue. Everytime i turn on SP3 from shutdown or sleep mode and i dont have internet connectivity time stays exactly as it was before shutting down.

Is this software problem or sth is wrong with hardware? Im in country where surfaces are not available so I cant replace it easily.

malberttoo

Hey I have similar issue. Everytime i turn on SP3 from shutdown or sleep mode and i dont have internet connectivity time stays exactly as it was before shutting down.

Is this software problem or sth is wrong with hardware? Im in country where surfaces are not available so I cant replace it easily.

I have never heard of the issue outside of this thread. If it continues, if it was ME, I'd check the event logs for anything suspicious. If nothing stands out, then I'd back up all my data and then do a full reset, the instructions are here- https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ry/restore-refresh-or-reset-surface-pro#reset

You will lose everything on the computer that's not backed up, and you'll have to re-install your software. But if you still have the problem after the reset, then it's probably a hardware issue.

Reactions: GmC

Rob Cohen

I have to re-set the date and time every time I turn on the Surface Pro 3. I have been communicating with the Surface team but they haven't been any help so far. If I UN-sync all settings via OneDrive, the time seems to sync properly. Well, it did for one day and then I re-sync'd everything again and it failed to sync. Has anyone else seen this problem happening or am I the only unfortunate one? All my other devices (2 desktops, and my Nokia Lumia 1520 all sync correctly, just the SP 3 won't. When I turn the SP 3 off in the evening and then turn it back on the following morning, the time is stuck at the time I turned it off the previous day and it never does sync up until I manually go in and do it and then I have to do it twice because the first time I get an error.

I'm also having a problem with it freezing up on me and it happens while browsing and during game play and I have to swipe in to get the charms for it to release. I got the i5 processor, but that shouldn't be happening when just browsing.

Any help or suggestions out there? Would really appreciate it.

Larry

I began having this problem a week or two ago and at the same time found a serious problem with my SSD so returned to the MS Store for a warranty exchange. The SSD problem was that Chkdsk would not complete past 14% followed by an automatic startup repair. The SSD itself was extremely hot per the person at the store - he used a handheld temp probe to measure it.

At least the MS Store does the replacements quickly and efficiently without a lot of questions. The one with the problems was a replacement unit after I dropped my original S3P on a concrete floor and cracked the screen. Very happy I bought Complete Care in that instance.

I suggest you take it in or otherwise contact support - it's a genuine problem.