What's new

Hdmi in?

cartouche

Hi all, first time here.

I'm using a Canon camera (Rebel T4i) and it has a mini-HDMI out port, and a AV out port; Is there any way that I could use my Surface Rt tablet as monitor for my camera?

Thanks

J515OP

Super Moderator
Welcome cartouche. Unfortunately as stated the Surface RT does not have video input ports.

ArnoldC

I believe the OP meant tethered shooting like what we do with Nikon and Camera Control Pro. Don't worry cartouche, I can't do it also with my D800, until someone makes the software available in RT.

J515OP

Super Moderator
I believe the OP meant tethered shooting like what we do with Nikon and Camera Control Pro. Don't worry cartouche, I can't do it also with my D800, until someone makes the software available in RT.

Hopefully that is a possibility in the future. The OP did mention the camera's HDMI and AV outs (presumably to feed into the Surface?). As far as I know the Surface can't accept HDMI input and it doesn't have AV input so that isn't an option. I suppose a USB cable connection is possible using an AV port or HDMI usb dongle of some sort.

Otherwise I think to do that you would need a direct USB connection to the camera and for an app to facilitate the communication as you said.

OP
C

cartouche

Will have to get a SD card adaptor/reader and use the USB port

So I understand there is an Android app that does that, right?

I was surprised of how well the player was reading my video clips using my USB key with a Extreme Card in it.
Not too much of a quantum leap to imagine plug in sd card hard wired to the camera output.