What's new

Head-to-Head: Microsoft Surface Pro vs. Apple iPad 4

magicrobots

I just don't understand this comparison. It makes no sense. Why compare a full computer with a hamstrung tablet? Sure iOS offers plenty of application support and features, but compared to an actual computer ... it's just silly.

But I did skim the article and found this:

The input/output category is a wash; neither platform offers a better value.

Really. USB and MicroSD on the Surface is not a better value than Apple's lightning port? That doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Russ

Really. USB and MicroSD on the Surface is not a better value than Apple's lightning port? That doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Magicrobots --

It's not supposed to make sense to you. You're supposed to smile, and say, "Oh, yes, of course!"

A couple more tidbits:

Re: "Apple has famously kept USB ports and data-card readers from of its iOS devices to limit the movement of files that it cannot control."

Steve Jobs lives! Rumors of his death were greatly exaggerated! :)

Re: "Apple offers the best overall value when compared with Microsoft's tablet products."

Wow! Are you surprised? No? Well, you're supposed to be surprised.

It would be funny if it weren't so predictably silly.

Take care,
Russ

gaborfar

I would not buy a MS product again. Full of bugs and poorly supported. I am having major issues with my newly purchased Surface Book. The issues were escalated to some special team and they said they would contact me to help sort the problems. Haven 't heard from them at all ever since the tech guy handed it over. Battery life issues. Electrical discharge through the keyboard body making it very uncomfortable to use and constantly locking up at start up. Also MS apps are minimal, you can get heaps for android and apple but MS hardly ever supported. I would go with apple product after this horrific experience with this very expensive piece of crap.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would not buy a MS product again. Full of bugs and poorly supported. I am having major issues with my newly purchased Surface Book. The issues were escalated to some special team and they said they would contact me to help sort the problems. Haven 't heard from them at all ever since the tech guy handed it over. Battery life issues. Electrical discharge through the keyboard body making it very uncomfortable to use and constantly locking up at start up. Also MS apps are minimal, you can get heaps for android and apple but MS hardly ever supported. I would go with apple product after this horrific experience with this very expensive piece of crap.
Get the computer that has what you want. If Apple has what you want, by all means, get it.