What's new

Headline reads "Microsoft can't catch a break, CNN election reporters using surfaces as iPad stands"

Mikewired

The Verge posted a story about surfaces being used as iPad stands on live TV last night during the election coverage. geez

Kif

It seems that Apple is getting close to corning the market i.e.. iPad = tablet.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ha ha, I think that's rather funny, and just proves that Surface has something even ipad owners think is a good idea... the kick stand...

Nuspieds

Microsoft and its boneheaded Marketing team need to take a page from the Bose playbook: If you're going to pay a partner to get device prominence, then make it happen!

You'd think that they learned something from the ongoing NFL fiasco but, clearly, they have not. Did Bose act like a pussycat when they saw players continuing to wear Beats headsets? MS needs to follow suit and make sure they get what they paid for.

Billy64

Give people a Swiss Knife, 90% will use it only to cut the bread, meat and won't need more than a simple kitchen knife, and the 10% left will really take advantage of a Swiss Knife into doing creative /productive things...
Ipad are like good single knifes, doing well the job for reading , watching videos , idiot proof, ..these guys don't need more than this, their technical knowledge is limited to the on/off power button ... ;-)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Give people a Swiss Knife, 90% will use it only to cut the bread, meat and won't need more than a simple kitchen knife, and the 10% left will really take advantage of a Swiss Knife into doing creative /productive things...
Ipad are like good single knifes, doing well the job for reading , watching videos , idiot proof, ..these guys don't need more than this, their technical knowledge is limited to the on/off power button ... ;-)
That's not true at all... they have someone to turn things on and off for them.
Talking head: where's the "ON" button?
Staff shows them...
Talking head: where's the "OFF" button?
Staff: its the same button
Talking head: how's that work?
Staff: never mind we'll take care of it, don't touch anything
Talking head: Ok but just one more question... which one is the Power button, I need more power. :)