What's new

headphone sound problem

petbills

I am having a problem with sound through my headphones on my surface pro . I get sound through my headphones for windows sounds and you tube videos in explorer but when I try to run xbmc to watch movies I get all the windows clicking sounds in the program but when movie starts to play the sound only comes out of the surface main speakers and no sound from headphones. any ideas ?

Thanks first post
Peter

kundas1

I am having a problem with sound through my headphones on my surface pro . I get sound through my headphones for windows sounds and you tube videos in explorer but when I try to run xbmc to watch movies I get all the windows clicking sounds in the program but when movie starts to play the sound only comes out of the surface main speakers and no sound from headphones. any ideas ?

Thanks first post
Peter

Long press speaker icon on the taskbar and choose playback devices and then make sure headphones is the default choice, if not then just manually choose it as the default device

OP
P

petbills

ok I checked and when head phones are plugged in they are the default device. looks like I will have to go to the ms store because I don't know what else to check .

alysia

Nope, I couldn't figure out why my beats weren't working at all with my surface pro 3. I went through every forum and being that it's so new, I guess nobody has tried to use them. I'm an avid show watcher, I have an the iPad 1 and 2 and the beats work fine. Well when it came to using my beats with iTunes on the Surface pro I FINALLY realized after a day of messing around with it, that you can't plug your headphones in while the iTunes is open. You have to plug your beats in first then open iTunes. Even when you go into the sound settings and set your headphones to default it still wasn't working. So this is actually the answer for all of the people that are having trouble with their headphones. It WILL however switch back and forth from headphones to speakers with Netflix, but like you were saying bulls96. The buttons on the chord won't work for any of the apps or iTunes on a surface pro. It seems like a fairly easy resolve. So please let me know if this ever gets fixed. I know we have some decent programmers in this world, if I didn't have 3 children I'd write the code myself!
Thanks!