What's new

Hello everyone. New SP4 owner

Gigios

Hi, this is my second post because the first was posted directly in the SP4 forum :)
I'm Italian but I have not found a very specific forum, as this, in Italy related the Surface products.
My SP4 is the i7 version with the 'ssd' 256GB and 16GB RAM.
I received the SP4 only two days ago, but for the moment I don't have any 'big' problem :D (I cross my fingers)
The only problem that currently I have is the play of a Full HD video (mkv) with the default player. There are, often, lags. The video is on a shared folder (a NAS)
The next step that I want to do it's to test the 'classic' MPC-HC to check if it is better (obviously only for the play, not for the 'touch' user interface).

Sorry for my English :p
See you in the forum

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

MKV files are tough on any system. Some people on Android have been forced to covert those to MP4 for them to act as expected. It's a very system intensive format.

OP
Gigios

Gigios

Welcome to the forum

MKV files are tough on any system. Some people on Android have been forced to covert those to MP4 for them to act as expected. It's a very system intensive format.

Thanks for the welcome message :)
I know the 'complexity' of the MKV 'container' but for me it is very strange that an i7 lags during the decoding, but this is not the correct topic where discuss about the MKV problems :D