What's new

Hello from new member

Tony2000

Hi,
I have just bought a Surface 2 as a replacement for a little used but now dead laptop.
It has already forgotten the date and wont run Skype. I'm not even convinced its battery is charging.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some people have recently posted issues with time syncing. Not sure what the root cause is but change your Internet time setting to nist.gov

The light on the power connector should be on and if you swipe in from the right you should see a power plug next to the battery display which should also show the charge level.

When you say wont run Skype do you mean the app closes or that it wont connect or has some other problem???

OP
T

Tony2000

Welcome aboard and if you purchased the SP2 from a retailer you might check into a return policy for the battery issues...
Some people have recently posted issues with time syncing. Not sure what the root cause is but change your Internet time setting to nist.gov

The light on the power connector should be on and if you swipe in from the right you should see a power plug next to the battery display which should also show the charge level.

When you say wont run Skype do you mean the app closes or that it wont connect or has some other problem???

My Mistake! It charges just fine, I was expecting a clearer indication of charging but had lost the Desktop, Having recovered that I can see it is now fully charged.

The Skype App says 'OOPs there was a problem'
'Sorry we couldn't sign you in just now. Give it another go.'
It then has a 'Try Again' button but no where to try a different Skype account (or any indicaton of what it did try)