What's new

Hello from Southern California

Sonnyboy

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member and excited to join this forum.

I'm a solo practitioner attorney and these days I'm doing my best to learn as much as I can to increase productivity. I've been reading threads on this helpful forum for the last couple months and I've learned a lot so far. Thanks to all the contributors.

I'm what you would call *way behind* on accumulating devices. I don't even have a tablet. I've been close to pulling the trigger on several tablets over the last year or so, but just have not found a good enough reason (for my needs) to grab one. I was really interested in the Sony Xperia Z2 tablet, but I decided my Samsung Note 3 phone works fine for browsing, which is what I would use a tablet for.

What I need is a 2-in-1 device. And I'm really excited about the Surface Pro 3. I plan on getting one soon. Looking at the i5/256 or the i7/256. I will get the type cover and the docking station as well.

I think the Surface Pro 3 will be an excellent tool for my needs. I've played around with it at Best Buy twice and I like it. I mainly focused on typing a memo and I thought the type cover and track pad worked very well. When I tested the type cover, I put aside my love for the device's form factor and just asked myself, does this feel good? The answer was "yes." For more involved tasks I would use an external keyboard.

Sorry for the length of this introductory post. I'm very new to technology and I just feel it's time to start making use of all of the great tools that are out there. It's really exciting.

- Sonny

kundas1

welcome to the forum, lots of great people and very informative... the SP3 will definitely serve you well in all your work/play endeavors ;)

malberttoo

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member and excited to join this forum.

I'm a solo practitioner attorney and these days I'm doing my best to learn as much as I can to increase productivity. I've been reading threads on this helpful forum for the last couple months and I've learned a lot so far. Thanks to all the contributors.

I'm what you would call *way behind* on accumulating devices. I don't even have a tablet. I've been close to pulling the trigger on several tablets over the last year or so, but just have not found a good enough reason (for my needs) to grab one. I was really interested in the Sony Xperia Z2 tablet, but I decided my Samsung Note 3 phone works fine for browsing, which is what I would use a tablet for.

What I need is a 2-in-1 device. And I'm really excited about the Surface Pro 3. I plan on getting one soon. Looking at the i5/256 or the i7/256. I will get the type cover and the docking station as well.

I think the Surface Pro 3 will be an excellent tool for my needs. I've played around with it at Best Buy twice and I like it. I mainly focused on typing a memo and I thought the type cover and track pad worked very well. When I tested the type cover, I put aside my love for the device's form factor and just asked myself, does this feel good? The answer was "yes." For more involved tasks I would use an external keyboard.

Sorry for the length of this introductory post. I'm very new to technology and I just feel it's time to start making use of all of the great tools that are out there. It's really exciting.

- Sonny

Hi Sonny, welcome. I think you'll find that a lot of members here agree- if your needs don't specifically call for an i7, then go with the i5...;)