What's new

Hello from UK

binwolf

Hi all,
Been using the SP3 for a while now Considering upgrading to the SP4 so looking for advice and tips on best use of these.

Cuchulainn

Welcome binwolf! I am new to the Surface world, having owned mine about a month and therefore not a great source of tips. But I figured I would say hi :)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome binwolf

It will really depend on your specific use, but as someone who went from an i5/4gb sp3 to an i5/4gb sp4, there is little discernable difference between the two. I still have both (gave sp3 to partner) and pretty much the only thing that I notice are the lack of the start button on the bezel, and the fan is a little less agressive. If it were not for my partner needing a machine, then it would have been a case of buyers remorse.

OP
B

binwolf

Welcome binwolf

It will really depend on your specific use, but as someone who went from an i5/4gb sp3 to an i5/4gb sp4, there is little discernable difference between the two. I still have both (gave sp3 to partner) and pretty much the only thing that I notice are the lack of the start button on the bezel, and the fan is a little less agressive. If it were not for my partner needing a machine, then it would have been a case of buyers remorse.
Thanks for this. Guess I'll wait to upgrade to a fuller specs machine. Wish I'd looked for these forums before though. Lots of useful stuff here.

Vivmeister911

Hey there!
As other said, all depends what you want to do with it. Surface Pro 4, Intel Core i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 4.00GB RAM, Intel Graphics 520
I honestly can say I am really happy with it, it even fell the first week, shattered the screen and my insurance paid for the repair.
I use it for office use, anywhere from full Microsoft office product use to Adobe Photoshop CC or lightroom. Handles the work pretty well.
My SD slot is used for ALL my One drive and other cloud storage so it wont take up my hard drive space. Hope this helped a little! Happy surfing!

OP
B

binwolf

Hey there!
As other said, all depends what you want to do with it. Surface Pro 4, Intel Core i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 4.00GB RAM, Intel Graphics 520
I honestly can say I am really happy with it, it even fell the first week, shattered the screen and my insurance paid for the repair.
I use it for office use, anywhere from full Microsoft office product use to Adobe Photoshop CC or lightroom. Handles the work pretty well.
My SD slot is used for ALL my One drive and other cloud storage so it wont take up my hard drive space. Hope this helped a little! Happy surfing!
Thanks for that. Like the idea for the Onedrive, makes a lot of sense.