What's new

HELP! Cannot get to login screen

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a Keyboard Cover....you can use F8 and boot into Safe Mode to undue you changes...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bootable USB to get to recovery or I seem to recall there was a sequence of 3 boot failures to automatically enter recovery mode... press power to start boot, wait a couple seconds or so (might need Surface to display) then hold power button to interrupt boot. Repeat 3 times.

OP
A

adambravo

Got to the automatic repair section. Tried System Restore (corrupted file), Refreshing, and Resetting (factory settings). The latter two proceeded until I got a blue screen, a frowny face, and "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." The error appears to be 'INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE".

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Got to the automatic repair section. Tried System Restore (corrupted file), Refreshing, and Resetting (factory settings). The latter two proceeded until I got a blue screen, a frowny face, and "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." The error appears to be 'INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE".
Remove any SD cards or USB Drives... power completely off and see if the refresh works....