What's new

HELP how do I just create a LOCAL account from the GET-GO?

sillyrabbitt123

I do not want to have an online cloud based account. i am old school i just want my local computer name. i tried it twice and it never prompts you to just use a local account. is there a way?

if not can i sign in with a MS account then remove that fully? and revert to a local account?

I sort of tried the above but now anytime i DL anything it wants to save it to C:/MSacount name

how do i stop that?

thanks!

ALLCAPS

When it's asking to you make/sign in with a MS account, there is a link at the bottom to "Sign in without a Microsoft account". If it doesn't show up, you can force local account instead by declining to connect to your wifi during setup.

OP
S

sillyrabbitt123

When it's asking to you make/sign in with a MS account, there is a link at the bottom to "Sign in without a Microsoft account". If it doesn't show up, you can force local account instead by declining to connect to your wifi during setup.

you the man! Thanks! It doesnt show as an option but skipping wifi did the trick :)

OP
S

sillyrabbitt123

thanks i will check it out. i am resetting the sp2 again had a problem installing office 2007

it worked great nice and tucked away they put that "local" option huh?

Last edited:

mharr

Actually, with any Windows 8.1, the "Sign in without a Microsoft account" is buried further. Instead of signing in with a Microsoft Account, click "Create a new account". Then on that screen, at the bottom, will be Sign in without a Microsoft account. Microsoft says they have hidden it, since users will (generally) get a better "experience" with a Microsoft account with the various Skydrive syncs.

OP
S

sillyrabbitt123

now that i have a local account how do i sign into the store with my store account? i dont want to switch to the MS account but I want to be able to sign in and download what I have paid for on other devices.

thanks

Pepper

When something wants to sign on, you should get a bunch of checkboxes to specify what you want to sync. Ignore all that and click the link to sign on each app separately. As long as you pay attention to this, only the specific apps you log in on will sync anything.