What's new

Help! I cant find radius menu in OneNote!

eix

I've just bought S3 for 3 days. First, I was using OneNote that was pre-installed with S3 and found that there was no ribbon toolbar that I needed for voice recording, so I activate OneNote in Office 365 version instead. The ribbon showed up in the latter version but the radius menu that used to appear when I touch the screen disappeared and a rectangular mini-toolbar showed up instead.
Do you know to active radius menus? I've been trying to figure that out through forums on the internet but it seems hopeless.

Attachments

• Mydesktop.png
    Mydesktop.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 520

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
The radial menu was always MUI onenote only last time i was on windows 8.1, because it is more touch accessible. The idea of desktop onenote is that you are using your surface as a desktop, with mouse and keyboard, where touch is irrelevant and everything you need is a mouse click away.

When i use onenote 2013 i just make sure to have the Draw ribon open while i work, then i simply hit the new pen i want to change to. Can also pin them to the top of the program as shortcuts.

malberttoo

The radial menu was always MUI onenote only last time i was on windows 8.1, because it is more touch accessible. The idea of desktop onenote is that you are using your surface as a desktop, with mouse and keyboard, where touch is irrelevant and everything you need is a mouse click away.

When i use onenote 2013 i just make sure to have the Draw ribon open while i work, then i simply hit the new pen i want to change to. Can also pin them to the top of the program as shortcuts.

Correct. Desktop is more full-featured than Metro, but Metro has the Radial menu and is optimized for touch.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Correct. Desktop is more full-featured than Metro, but Metro has the Radial menu and is optimized for touch.

Had to go and show me up with a nice concise and simple explanation ;) I forgive you. I tend to ramble after a few drinks. But a job offer is a job offer so drinking must be done! (I like this site. A good balance between silly and sensible. Keeps me in check)

malberttoo

Had to go and show me up with a nice concise and simple explanation ;) I forgive you. I tend to ramble after a few drinks. But a job offer is a job offer so drinking must be done! (I like this site. A good balance between silly and sensible. Keeps me in check)

Ha ha definitely not trying to show you up. I've just given it a lot of thought. The whole thing annoys me really, I greatly prefer the Radial menu, it is just awesome on a touch device, and just looks cool to use. But having cut my teeth on OneNote 2003 and using it steadily since then, I find Metro very underpowered/ lacking in features.

Anyways cheers, drink on.... :cool: