What's new

Help installing Intel HD Graphics Control Panel

Cafole

Hi, I'm not sure if it's the proper place to ask this, but I need some assistance. I'm unable to find the Intel HD Graphics control panel, apparently it's not installed by default on the Sp's. I found this on reddit but his is a sp3. Whenever I try to update the hd 540 driver it says it's already up to the newest version (even if I'm trying to install a beta version). The driver's version seems to be 20.19.15.4326. Please help.

Last edited:

alexd88

I also want to know how to do this. When I connect an external tv the extended desktop is not fitting on the extended screen, i must resizing and only with intel control panel i can do it.

Mike007

Hi, I'm not sure if it's the proper place to ask this, but I need some assistance. I'm unable to find the Intel HD Graphics control panel, apparently it's not installed by default on the Sp's. I found this on reddit but his is a sp3. Whenever I try to update the hd 540 driver it says it's already up to the newest version (even if I'm trying to install a beta version). The driver's version seems to be 20.19.15.4326. Please help.

Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Download the .zip version of the above. Extract it somewhere and use the device manager - "have disk" method to install it.

Ive used this one in the past but it seems to have random (display driver stops responding and has recovered) issues so bare that in mind.

OP
C

Cafole

Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Download the .zip version of the above. Extract it somewhere and use the device manager - "have disk" method to install it.

Ive used this one in the past but it seems to have random (display driver stops responding and has recovered) issues so bare that in mind.

That's the first thing I tried. But it keeps saying the driver is already updated and the control panel is still missing.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Are the drivers that come with the SP4 faulty?
Original ones had issues, we are now running the same version as the Beta referenced above, but some people want to use the Intel Control Panel which is not in the Surface Optimized version...

Mike007

What I find weird is the Intel beta drivers will randomly freeze up my surface during certain video streaming like YouTube or twitch and sometimes using simple desktop applications. However, the Microsoft version of the same driver has been rock-solid.

So I've stuck with that one now. Not too bothered with the control panel myself.

btreece

SP4_Graphics_Drivers.png

I have the SP4, i5, Intel HD Graphics 520 noted above.

My pet project since I have bought it is to get the MS Windows 10 Maps App to show the roads.
Maps App.png

This issue occurs when in "Roads" view mode NOT "Aerial" view mode. From postings, I know this issue also affects Intel HD Graphics 515 (on m3 SP4).

Can you check for me to see if this affects your Intel HD Graphics 540 as well?
This issue is 60 days old with both Microsoft and Intel saying "Working on it...", but just wanted to figure out the issue's scope! It would help me out alot!

Thanks!

Well I dloaded the .exe for win10 64bit. I went to device drivers and uninstalled the video drivers and I ran the .exe and it said I didn't have the right one. I did the same steps but after uninstalling I rebooted and then tried to run the .exe file. same issue.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Well I dloaded the .exe for win10 64bit. I went to device drivers and uninstalled the video drivers and I ran the .exe and it said I didn't have the right one. I did the same steps but after uninstalling I rebooted and then tried to run the .exe file. same issue.
.exe will never work, it will only work if you download the zipped version, extract to the folder and then manually update via Device Manager.

That worked. Thanks. Shoot. Fallout 4 still not loading. I wouldn't mind just playing it at 1080x720 or something at 20fps. Just want to edit stuff. Lol