What's new

Help - lost ability to close apps!

mcoastal

In the last day the little X at the top right of all apps has disappeared. Even when I right click to get the little drop down window with the X is gone. Only way I can close apps is with Task Manager. Started with Adobe Reader now none close the traditional way. FYI I am working with a display and mouse. This is highly frustrating and Googling heavily has revealed nothing.

OP
M

mcoastal

Thanks SH. Read that. Didn't really help. Problem is on most apps like Adobe Reader I could right click on my mouse and a little bar would drop down from the top of the screen and the X to close would appear. I'd click on that to close. Now that is gone and I have to use task manager to close app which is highly annoying. Again this is with secondary display and mouse usage.

JoshB

For me it has always been that I have to bring the mouse cursor to the very top of the screen that the app is on and the bar pops up after about 1 second. I have never noticed a "right click" causing the bar to show up.

Also I would close with offscreen swipe on tablet from very top to bottom of screen.

OP
M

mcoastal

Thanks JoshB. That's what I'm saying. Before I could get that to happen to close out a program but now that's not an option. That option has literally disappeared.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Log in with another account to see if it is Profile Specific, if it is broke under the new profile it is something that was installed recently.... uninstall any new applications one at a time and test or as a last resort do a refresh if the system....