What's new

HELP my Sandisk microSD card keeps on unmounting

Nys299

As stated, my microSD card keeps on unmounting itself after a short while. The only way to get it back up is to unplug and plug back the SD card. How do I stop it from unmounting??

ctitanic

Welcome aboard! Have you tried any other card? The point is to find if it's a card defect or a device defect. I have seen same people reporting this issue and the solutions go from changing the device to adding a piece of electrical tape too the back of the card to make it thicker.

graye

Yeah, I tried the "tape to make it thicker"... it has about as much affect as "swinging a dead chicken counter-clockwise". It was all voodoo...

In the end, I just gave up and got another brand microSD card. I got a Samsung version, but apparently it doesn't matter what brand... as long as it is NOT Sandisk

Dblkk

I've always had and used Sandisk. In all cameras (dslr) and hd camcorder, as well as my go pro now. But as with my original SP1, it just doesn't play nicely with sandisk.

My best advice. Get a Samsung pro micro sd. I just did two days ago. Went to best buy, they had 64gb on sale for 79.99, but price matched amazon for 39.99. its 90mbps read 80mbps write. Now that's all *up to* speed claims. But so far, happy with the Samsung.

Before the Samsung, I went pny route. Not that they ever gave me any problems, but I just don't feel comfortable with pny. I've gone through several of their 128/256 usb 3.0 flash drives now, and none have withstood over a few months of 'some pretty good usage'.

Gary.M

I also have a SanDisk card in my sp3. It was previously in my sp1 where it too kept unmounting, so I had to do the same and eject and reinsert it. Strangely, since putting it in my sp3 it has never been a problem. No idea why.

Dblkk

I think with the SP1, it was the fact that the SanDisk runs just 'just' a tad smaller/thinner than typical micro sd cards.

graye

I compared the sizes of my SanDisk and Samsung microSD cards with a micrometer and dial caliper. They are identical. So, you can toss that excuse into the same voodoo trash bin.

Tosko

Was the SanDisk microSD damaged where the connectors are placed?

Did the SD card ever had to survive any harsh conditions? Cold, extreme heat, magnatic fields, bending etc.?