What's new

heyyou

I'm at my parents' house, and my Surface Pro 3 in unable to detect any wi-fi networks.

It never had this problem in my own home. And my other devices (phone, other laptops, etc) can detect a whole list of nearby networks, and connect to my parents' just fine. But for some reason, my SP3 can't even recognize a single one in range.

All I get is a notice that says "No Wi-Fi networks found".

The Wi-fi is still enabled on my computer. And I didn't change any other setting since arriving here. Can anybody please help?

Turbo4AWD

I'm at my parents' house, and my Surface Pro 3 in unable to detect any wi-fi networks.

It never had this problem in my own home. And my other devices (phone, other laptops, etc) can detect a whole list of nearby networks, and connect to my parents' just fine. But for some reason, my SP3 can't even recognize a single one in range.

All I get is a notice that says "No Wi-Fi networks found".

The Wi-fi is still enabled on my computer. And I didn't change any other setting since arriving here. Can anybody please help?

I have found that tapping on the WiFi icon in the system tray and then tapping the blue "WiFi" square to turn off Wifi, then turn it back on helps my Surface Pro actually find networks again sometimes. The issue hasn't occurred in a few days for me, but that usually helps me see networks to connect to.

OP
H

heyyou

I have found that tapping on the WiFi icon in the system tray and then tapping the blue "WiFi" square to turn off Wifi, then turn it back on helps my Surface Pro actually find networks again sometimes. The issue hasn't occurred in a few days for me, but that usually helps me see networks to connect to.

Thank you for the response, but it's still not working. Turning the whole Surface itself off and back on won't help either. The techies at the Microsoft store are convinced that it's a hardware problem, and that my computer has simply reached its limit.