What's new

Solved Help on sending surface for replacement

danpetrov

I just got everything sorted out for a replacement for my surface. All I know is I have to print a shipping label and drop it off at my nearby UPS location. However the instructions for what to send are a bit vague. Do I have to include the Surface packaging when sending it in? I don't have to include the power adapter and pen as I understood correctly? What is the best way to package it so it doesn't get damaged during shipping?

Plantje

As far as I understood here in the Netherlands: that's correct. Only the Surface should be sent in. When I got a replacement they were specific in not using the original packaging when returning the old one. Just a white label box. Just to be sure no one knows it contains a tablet.

OP
D

danpetrov

As far as I understood here in the Netherlands: that's correct. Only the Surface should be sent in. When I got a replacement they were specific in not using the original packaging when returning the old one. Just a white label box. Just to be sure no one knows it contains a tablet.
Oh ok thanks! They should really specify that a bit on their page about preparing it for servicing.