What's new

Help SB can't play YouTube video

nnthemperor

My SB is driving me crazy, nothing seems to work on this "high end" device. Apart from the constant crashing of every website in edge, I found out last night, I can't play any YouTube videos, not in edge which keeps giving me the "YouTube.com is not responding"message, not in IE which keeps loading for hours unend, and surprisingly not in chrome in which nothing is clickable once I load the site and it eventually returns an error report of not responding. The strange thing is that all these happen when the device is docked to the keyboard base and using the DGPU, but when I detach it, it plays in all the browsers. This tells me the Nvidia DGPU could be the culprit, but no idea how to deal with it. Anyone having the same problems?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Fedway

I am seeing this same behavior albeit intermittently. For what it's worth, I use Chrome as my primary browser. A restart almost always temporarily corrects the issue. This almost certainly has something to do with the Nvidia GPU in the keyboard base.

Orlbuckeye

My SB is driving me crazy, nothing seems to work on this "high end" device. Apart from the constant crashing of every website in edge, I found out last night, I can't play any YouTube videos, not in edge which keeps giving me the "YouTube.com is not responding"message, not in IE which keeps loading for hours unend, and surprisingly not in chrome in which nothing is clickable once I load the site and it eventually returns an error report of not responding. The strange thing is that all these happen when the device is docked to the keyboard base and using the DGPU, but when I detach it, it plays in all the browsers. This tells me the Nvidia DGPU could be the culprit, but no idea how to deal with it. Anyone having the same problems?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Are you sure your using the DGPU in Edge because the default is the Intel graphics.? You have to go to the Nvidia Control panel to switch to use the DGPU. Plus the error your getting says not responding which means the connection has an issue not a display error.

If your near a MS store I would take it there for them to look at. If not you can use the online chat with a tech on the MS surface site.

Orlbuckeye

Are you sure your using the DGPU in Edge because the default is the Intel graphics.? You have to go to the Nvidia Control panel to switch to use the DGPU. Plus the error your getting says not responding which means the connection has an issue not a display error.

How to Solve Problems of Windows 10 YouTube Not Working

If that doesn't work try this

If your near a MS store I would take it there for them to look at. If not you can use the online chat with a tech on the MS surface site.

OP
nnthemperor

nnthemperor

Thanks for the concern. If already RMAed the device to MS. Had to ship first to a relative in US and then have MS send a shipping tag.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk