What's new

Help: sleep mode that doesn't wake up

heyyou

Sometimes, I would press the power button to turn my screen off, and then I would return to my SP3 and turn it back on to continue to work. It works just fine most of the time. However, once in a while, but still too often, I turn the screen off this way, and when I come back, I can't make the screen turn back on. I didn't even leave my computer alone that long.

I can still turn on the backlights for my Type Cover keyboard keys, which means that the SP3 is definitely still on. But for some reason, I screen stays black, no matter how many times I press the power button, something on the keyboard, or the mouse buttons.

I have to force shut down my SP3 by holding the power button until it's completely off, and then afterwards it works just fine. But whatever I was working on will be gone.

What exactly is causing this, and how do I prevent it? Help, anyone?

So after I upgraded the graphics driver the issue of not waking from sleep seems to be better. However, yesterday, I put the tablet to sleep by pushing the power button but it refused to wake 15 minutes later when I pushed the power button.

The screen lit up and the Windows spotlight background photo showed but I couldn't slide it up to get to the desktop. The windows button vibrated so I know the tablet was on.

I had to hold the power button for 30 seconds to shut it down then restart it.

This is getting really annoying and I hope someone has a solution to this problem.

Ferret

tried to update driver but got error message

"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer"

"Setup will exit"

did you get this message?

I also got that message on my first try. I think what I did then is instead of running the installer, I went into the driver properties and upgraded from there by saying I have the disk and navigate to the folder.

OP
H

heyyou

So will installing this graphics driver fix the problem? I recently did a full Windows update, but I'm not sure if that would fix the problem. We'll see. But should I install this graphics driver anyways? I tend to be reluctant to install new things on my computer unless I really need it.