What's new

[Help] Strange Issue with VGA Driver

bingobaby

Hi guys, i'm new here.

My SP3 has a strange issue after update vga driver.
After updated to windows 10 latest(directly from 8.1). My system ran with windows basic video adapter driver. I use "search online for my driver" to update it. After the proccess is done, my screen just went ABSOLUTELY BLACK.
Luckily, i had teamviewer installed. i use my smartphone to check it. And found out that my SP3 is still running just fine, with a "virtual display" from nowhere (i dont understand, i never used anything like that before). the "built-in display" is no longer to be found in "advanced display settings".
afterthat, i managed to remove the driver by disabled it in "computer management". And BOOM, my built-in display is back! The resolution is still at 2k. But anything that needs GPU is super lag. even 720p Youtube playback caused screen sluttering/tearing...
Please help me...
Thanks in advance...

toaf

is it trying to use a resolution higher then the vga monitor can handle? maybe before you try it next time lower the settings to something around 1080

OP
B

bingobaby

is it trying to use a resolution higher then the vga monitor can handle? maybe before you try it next time lower the settings to something around 1080

No, 2k is native resolution on SP3 sir. Everything worked fine on 8.1

OP
B

bingobaby

Right click on it and Update Driver....if that doesn't work uninstall it and re-discover
i have no problem update the driver. the problem is AFTER THAT, my built-in display disappered, my screen just went black. The system is still running, but with a "virtual dispplay" that i dont know where it came from...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
i have no problem update the driver. the problem is AFTER THAT, my built-in display disappered, my screen just went black. The system is still running, but with a "virtual dispplay" that i dont know where it came from...
It's possible that you have OS level corruption which can be fixed through a reset (backup first) or possibly a hardware failure....