What's new

Solved HELP! WiFi has disappeared on Surface Pro 3, i7, 256 GB, Windows 10

Hello

I've got a Surface Pro 3, i7, 256 GB, running windows 10

I've had it for about 3 - 4 years now and it has worked liked a charm, never caused me any major issues that I couldn't resolve, until now.

The WiFi settings seemed to have disappeared.

I've tried all the suggestions I could find everywhere on the united internet to no avail.

I've tried going into device manager, enabling disabling the driver, uninstalling and installing it, hard reboot, system restore and eventually a complete new installation of windows, but it just won't work.

Important to note that after a system restore, it seemed to work temporarily, showing me wifi settings and even connecting for a few minutes before the driver goes caput.

The error in device manager related to the driver is as follows:

Device PCI\VEN_11AB&DEV_2B38&SUBSYS_045E0001&REV_00\4&379f07b2&0&00E0 had a problem starting.
Driver Name: mrvlpcie8897.inf
Class Guid: {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Service: mrvlpcie8897
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters: vwifibus
Problem: 0xC
Problem Status: 0xC0000018
Device Status:
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Now I don't know what to do anymore

I would appreciate it if someone could help me out

Hard.Wired

Have you tried running the troubleshooting programs under Settings / Update & Security / Troubleshoot: Internet Connections, Network Adaptor?

Or this?

OP
M

Muhammad Ibrahim

Have you tried running the troubleshooting programs under Settings / Update & Security / Troubleshoot: Internet Connections, Network Adaptor?

Or this?

I've tried every troubleshooter I could, but they never offer any resolutions. That's why I've ended up on forums.
The link you've provided seems helpful, let me see how I can 'allocate resources'

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
A couple of things you can try, shut down the device completely. Hold the Volume Rocker Up and power on the device while keeping the volume rocker pressed, when the Surface Logo comes up release.

This will but you into the UEFI Configuration Screen. Verify the WLAN Card is enabled, if not re-enable it. Exit and reboot. If that doesn't work it is possible it is a hardware fault, you can purchase a USB WiFi at least in the near-term.

OP
M

Muhammad Ibrahim

A couple of things you can try, shut down the device completely. Hold the Volume Rocker Up and power on the device while keeping the volume rocker pressed, when the Surface Logo comes up release.

This will but you into the UEFI Configuration Screen. Verify the WLAN Card is enabled, if not re-enable it. Exit and reboot. If that doesn't work it is possible it is a hardware fault, you can purchase a USB WiFi at least in the near-term.

I tried all of that but it didn't work.

Fortunately though miracles do happen and it started working on its own after I fiddled with irq settings and disabling enabling pcmia drivers

LauraE

Thank you so much! I thought my service was more or less toast. I disabled the front and rear camera and the charging dock and my wifi works again.