What's new

Help with one note adding space to PDF

ScottyS

Just tried Printing to OneNote a PDF of PowerPoint slides with one slide per page. Used landscape in the printer dialog box, but the slides were rotated. I changed the View/Rotate View in Adobe Reader and had to do a few trial and errors until it rotated right.

ScottyS

Why not just take notes using the pen on the slide itself in PowerPoint? I that's what I do and it's been great.
Most lectures I go to provide handouts in the form of the PowerPoint slides saved as pdf.
Some are one slide per page, but some put 6 slides per page.

I actually don't want the slides marked up (as the OP does) and take notes from lecture in OneNote. For a whole day conference I'll paste the agenda on an page in OneNote and add lines of notes under each topic.

If there is a pdf with the slides I use MS's snap feature with pdf snapped to one side and OneNote to the other. If I want a portion of a slide in my notes (like a graph or table) I use Send-to-OneNote to capture that portion and paste it into the OneNote page and can then mark it up with the pen. iPad people's jaws drop when they see me do this.

johnj2803

Most lectures I go to provide handouts in the form of the PowerPoint slides saved as pdf.
Some are one slide per page, but some put 6 slides per page.

If there is a pdf with the slides I use MS's snap feature with pdf snapped to one side and OneNote to the other. If I want a portion of a slide in my notes (like a graph or table) I use Send-to-OneNote to capture that portion and paste it into the OneNote page and can then mark it up with the pen. iPad people's jaws drop when they see me do this.

thanks for this... may i know how you do this?

ScottyS

In desktop (and easier with a mouse) open one file (a pdf, for example) and drag it to one edge of the screen. Windows will "snap" it to fill half the screen. Then open OneNote and snap it to the other side. You can use Send to OneNote, or the Snipping Tool to select portions of the open file and then paste into OneNote.

Even cooler, if the file is an Office document, like a Word file, you can highlight text and drag it to another Office app (drag and drop moves it, Ctrl+drag copies).