What's new

help with pen and Onenote (office pro plus 2016)

razzta01

Hi,
I have been trying to set up my pen to make it activate Onenote desktop (the one I installed with Office Professional Plus 2013) instead of Onenote modern (that came pre-installed).
I have been reading several guides but in Options (in Onenote) I do not have the option to select "Default Onenote Application".
Pls, let me know how to solve this.
Rgds.

ScottyS

Have you looked in OneNote desktop version File/Options/Advanced...
upload_2015-7-19_18-16-52.png

msolok

The easiest way to do it is to Download the 'Surface Hub' app from the Windows Store. In there you can set the Onenote that opens with the button push (as well as a range of other settings for the pen and Surface).

Roguefirm

Hi,
I have been trying to set up my pen to make it activate Onenote desktop (the one I installed with Office Professional Plus 2013) instead of Onenote modern (that came pre-installed).
I have been reading several guides but in Options (in Onenote) I do not have the option to select "Default Onenote Application".
Pls, let me know how to solve this.
Rgds.

This option does not appear in OneNote 2016

Roguefirm

surfac
The easiest way to do it is to Download the 'Surface Hub' app from the Windows Store. In there you can set the Onenote that opens with the button push (as well as a range of other settings for the pen and Surface).

This app is not in the 'store'.

OP
R

razzta01

Any idea how onenote un office 2013 can be ser as default? I upgraded To win10 and hace the same issue again. Also not showing up in office 2013.

ScottyS

@Roguefirm you are right. The option to set OneNote desktop as default is not in Office 2016 and the Surface Hub app is gone, replaced witha Surface app which does not have the OneNote option either.

The title of this thread should be changed to "help with pen and Onenote (office pro plus 2016)" and an administrator should mark it "Unsolved".

ScottyS

Thanks @leeshor.
Not only have we lost the ability to set which OneNote is default and opens with the pen button, but the previous OneNote MUI had the feature to insert a camera shot as whiteboard or photo, can't find that in OneNote MUI or even how to add a camera photo in desktop OneNote 2016.

This may seem like it's getting a bit off topic, but the point is OneNote has been losing features with updates.

cadder

Isnt possible according to MS

Choose which OneNote app opens with Surface Pen | Set the default OneNote app for Surface Pen

In Windows 10, when you click the top button on your Surface Pen, the integrated OneNote app opens to a new Quick Note, ready to capture your thoughts.

If you’ve installed OneNote 2013 or OneNote 2016—the desktop app—the notes you write in the OneNote app will be available there, too. To open the OneNote desktop app, select it from Start, All apps, or your taskbar. (You can’t open the OneNote desktop app with a pen click in Windows 10.)

Isnt possible according to MS

Choose which OneNote app opens with Surface Pen | Set the default OneNote app for Surface Pen

In Windows 10, when you click the top button on your Surface Pen, the integrated OneNote app opens to a new Quick Note, ready to capture your thoughts.

If you’ve installed OneNote 2013 or OneNote 2016—the desktop app—the notes you write in the OneNote app will be available there, too. To open the OneNote desktop app, select it from Start, All apps, or your taskbar. (You can’t open the OneNote desktop app with a pen click in Windows 10.)

...but why? Would love for office 2016 Onenote to open with stylus click. What is it with Microsoft gimping their own expensive software... thought this would be updated with TH2. Annoying.