What's new

Help with stylus

GoodBytes

Hmmm.. the little plastic clip that broke off, is extremely thin, and cut exactly at the eraser button, making tape too difficult to hold. anything in place without putting a lot. In addition, electric tape, at least the ones I used, have the glue of the tape 'never dries', so if some level of pressure is put on the button to pull up or turn (which can happen in a filled bag), it can let it go.

Third and more problematic, is that tape is not thin enough. There is virtually no wiggle room in the pen silo with the eraser button.

Remember we want only to glue back the plastic clip back.

A good suggestion to apply the hint quality of glue that you need is to put it on some on a plastic cover or paper (be sure you have many under it so that the glue won't pass through all the sheet of papers and stick on your desk., and just tap the clip end on it, and stick it on the button at the correct location, straight (test before to know without glue) and hold for 5min. You'll probably still gave to much, but a good sharp blade or shorts can take away the excess once fully dried.

New2ToMe

I meant tape the *outside* of the two barrel parts. The lower "silo" and upper "silo."

...and, the glue never sets is a good thing. But pulled tight to stretch it slightly as intended, then left for a few hours to "set," it would work just fine. You may have an opinion based on less than stellar brands of electrical tape. That's why I mentioned 3M specifically.

GoodBytes

Oh, you don't need to re-glue this. It snaps back in, much like mechanical pencils that can open from the middle to fill up the leads. The glue was put by Microsoft so that the pen clip doesn't rotate and prevents you from clipping it on the device power connector. That is all. You can just turn it yourself if you can't, and it doesn't turn easily in any case, needs a bit of force. So it is no issue to not put some glue back.

OP
C

cruzer

Goodbytes hey thanks for the the info... Got it working... It's not the best but hey I have an eraser function now. Also turned out I had 2 more missing piecing in my bag where tip got pulled out.. Didn't take pics.. kinda rushing to get ready to watch superbowl.. ohh but I did put a dap of super glue so that it wouldn't spin ... Ok thanks everyone

Edit: and what I mean not the best... Is now the eraser tip doesn't have to touch the screen for it to erase now... But for me that's good enough ... If I need to get more accuracy then I can switch pen to eraser

Last edited:

GoodBytes

Goodbytes hey thanks for the the info... Got it working... It's not the best but hey I have an eraser function now. Also turned out I had 2 more missing piecing in my bag where tip got pulled out.. Didn't take pics.. kinda rushing to get ready to watch superbowl.. ohh but I did put a dap of super glue so that it wouldn't spin ... Ok thanks everyone

Edit: and what I mean not the best... Is now the eraser tip doesn't have to touch the screen for it to erase now... But for me that's good enough ... If I need to get more accuracy then I can switch pen to eraser

Ah, it means that button is stuck being pressed in. It could be you are missing the spring, or glue got in or blocking the button from going up.
Anyway, like I said, take it as emergency pen. It wont' be as new in any case (maybe if you are extremely patient, have great skill in putting just the right amount of glue, and using thin files sand off the excess and all that, but yea).