What's new

Help!!!

OK, I was already to go with the Surface Book with Performance Base 16/512. I brought it home from the MSS and have even loaded software on it; I have another 30 days to return it however. But I am so struck by the Studio that I'm really questioning whether the little guy will suffice even with the docking station and added 27 inch monitor. I've got multiple portable as in 15.6 and 1st gen Surface pro. Frankly the Surface Book looked abysmal with CS6 on it.

What do you think? Trade it in for the Studio?

OP
H

hogwldfltr

Well judging by the high traffic of responses I'm taking that none are willing to suggest to make the trade up. I've decided to keep the SB w/PB and hold off on the Studio until some more is known about how it performs. Picked up a 27 in monitor to go along with it. The docking station which was on hold should help make it easier to use.

firstgear

I am thinking of getting rid of my Surface Pro4....I had it driving a 24" monitor, but after viewing the Studio Monitor...OMG! This new monitor is like a massive gigantic ipad pro. Photos look nothing short of fantastic on it.

I have it sitting on my roll top desk that I bought at auction many years ago.....now I am thinking I need to design a new roll top desk and get the Amish to build it for me. I had then build a double armoire for my camera gear. They did a great job and it was relatively inexpensive. To really get up on the monitor and use it as a work surface I need work surface that I can get under, the desk doesnt let me legs get comfortable as the area where my legs go underneath is narrower that I would like.

This monitor is just spectacular!

TimberWolf

The reason you are probably not getting any responses is:

1. Not many people actually own the SS.
2. The two machines are vastly different, so are not directly comparable. Therefore, how do you expect people to comment since you haven't stated what you plan on doing with the machine. They both have different strengths and weaknesses, with not much overlap. Whether one is better for you than the other is something only you can really decide.

OP
H

hogwldfltr

The reason you are probably not getting any responses is:

1. Not many people actually own the SS.
2. The two machines are vastly different, so are not directly comparable. Therefore, how do you expect people to comment since you haven't stated what you plan on doing with the machine. They both have different strengths and weaknesses, with not much overlap. Whether one is better for you than the other is something only you can really decide.

Yeppers; one's portable and the other not. Other than that they're pretty similar.