What's new

Hey Microsoft please make desktop button from the bottom right corner of the screen

sillyrabbitt123

with the ability to make it bigger. when i try to click on it with my fingers it brings up the clock instead. i want a QUICK way to the desktop level without any open windows to fuss with. so its a great feature but the little sliver to click on is toooo small.

OP
S

sillyrabbitt123

1) This isn't a Microsoft-sanctioned forum.

2) Show Desktop button in Quick Launch, Win8 Reclaiming the Windows 8 Desktop | Stuart's Notes

The process I did was slightly different from what's outlined there, but it should work out. Once the Quick Launch toolbar was back in place, I deleted all the other shortcuts besides Show Desktop.

[1] I figure they hang out here.... no?
[2] Thanks for this link MUCH appreciated
[3] Thanks again!

oion

There's only one MS employee that I know about who lurks, but he's only offered a couple tech tips (and an explanation of a bug). Public non-sanctioned forums can be pretty scary for employees, so I don't expect a lot of activity from MS at all. The official Microsoft community answer boards (for Surface) are where the MS employees and MVPs hang out (or mostly lurk, anyway).

OP
S

sillyrabbitt123

There's only one MS employee that I know about who lurks, but he's only offered a couple tech tips (and an explanation of a bug). Public non-sanctioned forums can be pretty scary for employees, so I don't expect a lot of activity from MS at all. The official Microsoft community answer boards (for Surface) are where the MS employees and MVPs hang out (or mostly lurk, anyway).

i am talking about marketing folks. looking for focus group type info. trust me they are taking notes.

oion

i am talking about marketing folks. looking for focus group type info. trust me they are taking notes.

Yes, well, marketing folks are typically not techies at all, thus I doubt even if they were skimming everything that they'd take into account a miniscule little tech detail like this. :p They'd probably be more interested in our assessment of the actual commercials and "first impressions."

OP
S

sillyrabbitt123

this one is EXACTLY what I needed THANKS! its great....

Quick Launch is located in the hidden folder path below.

C:\Users\(user-name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
Tip Tip
You can add more shortcuts into Quick Launch by using either method below.

Drag any shortcut, file, folder, drive over Quick Launch on the taskbar until you see either Move to Quick Launch or Create link in Quick Launch, then drop the item to create a shortcut of it in Quick Launch.
Open the hidden Quick Launch folder above, and create a new shortcut for the item in it.

To Remove a shortcut from within Quick Launch, you can right click on the shortcut from either taskbar or hidden folder location above and click on Delete.