What's new

Hi, all. New!

lhauser

Hi, just joined after doing a search on installing Windows 10 and finding a great thread here.

I'm a long-time Windows IT pro and personal user, ever since Win95. I took an excursion into the Macintosh world for a while (successfully missing Windows Vista) and tried to be a Linux user as well... that was a kind of successful endeavor, but I spent more time playing with the OS than getting things done.

My wife picked up a SP3 (i7/256) on launch day, hoping for a better art experience than she was getting on her iPad. I got mine (i5/128, plus the type cover) in late August, after signing up for the University of Washington's Popular Fiction certificate progam and needing to replace my aging Lenovo notebook and Android tablet.

Since getting the SP3, it has become my main machine. I've added a 128GB SD card and supplement storage with a 256GB Corsair USB3 flash drive. I consider myself a general power user and am not afraid to try new things (especially since I back up EVERYTHING multiple times and have a laptop I can use if everything else goes south). I am fairly unsophisticated with Windows 8 and am in about the same place as everyone else with Windows 10.