What's new

Hi from Finland

Antti

Hello,

I got Surface 3 few days ago for my main work Computer and to replace my Dell laptop and Samsung Ativ Pro tab (W8.1). I was very dissapointed with Samsung, had serius problems with keyboard and screen brightness and couldn`t even get a spare charger. They can be got only as a sparepart. Not as accesory.

Surface feels amazing and when I needed to use old laptop for a while today it felt antique :)
However I`m still waiting for docking station and need to get some professional apps assembled.

I`ll need a bit study the Onenote usage to get the most out of it.

My Surface is i7 with 512 GB memory.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations, and welcome to the forum, @Antti. We are here to help you. We are all learning from one-another, including Microsoft.

I also have a Surface Pro 3 i7 512, which is my primary production machine.

malberttoo

Welcome!

Have fun using your SP3, I love mine.

Take the time to get to know OneNote, you will like it!

OP
A

Antti

Thanks dudes!

I notised one strange thing. I tried to charge my "leisure" phone Sony Z2 from Surface charger usb-port. It started to constantly put charge on-off-on-off-on.. Havent yet had time to play it more but I'll try it with my work phone, its Lumia 1520.

Last edited:

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
That should not be. Your charger is likely defective, unless your phone requires more than 1A to charge.. This issue has been reported by others here, too.

OP
A

Antti

OK, original Sony charger gives 1,5A but I think it has charged just fine with less current.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Here is something to be aware of:

Some phones and other devices with rechargeable batteries have an unusually high power draw when the batteries are very low. The phone or device tries to power up and simultaneously sense or supply the recharging circuit. So some power off / on cycles may ensue, until the device has been able to store enough charge to operate properly.

iPhones and iPads are notorious for this, after the battery is excessively drained.