What's new

hibernation after 4 hours not working

sergius

Hi all, I have been working with my SP3 for 3 months.

Suddenly I have noticed that when SP3 is in connected standby mode, it does not hybernate after 4 hours

This is a problem for me as I don't use it for days so battery drains an it is almost empty after 2 or 3 days

Powercfg /sleepstudy confirmed me that connected standby sessions last more than 4 hours

What is happening?

Thank you in advance

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Can you give us more information? Is this the Stock Build of Windows 8.1 Update 1 or is this a fresh install? What was the last change that you made when this started to happen?

OP
S

sergius

Can you give us more information? Is this the Stock Build of Windows 8.1 Update 1 or is this a fresh install? What was the last change that you made when this started to happen?
Hi, I cannot remember any change, it started 2 days ago...
Regarding installation, nothing special, I purchased my surface and I have installed all updates from Windows update

Thanks

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Can you post your Sleep Study? Also, others that have had this happen fixed it through a Full Reset, it takes about a 45 minutes to an hour...

OP
S

sergius

Ok, I am going to investigate if I have to backup my files and I will do it

Anyway, these kind of problems never happened with my iPad... Microsoft must fix this issues

IvanDeMiguel

Hi all,

I am having a similar issue with my SP3. Suddenly, two days ago, I found it with 0% battery although I shut it up. I use my SP3 everyday and the day before I used it connected to AC. I've just switched on my SP3 and bad surprise!! 0% battery one more time!!!

Sleep study says that biggest offenders are:

- USB host controller
- Marvel AVASTAR WIFI Network controller
- Maintenance phase
- Disc unit

Battery report:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...648&authkey=!ALPNhJKdagHy7aU&ithint=file,html

Sleep report:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...649&authkey=!APxWQj0KgHu27mQ&ithint=file,html

I'm a brand new SP3 owner. I actually experienced this exact issue 2 days into my ownership. This drove me crazy as I had similar issue with my Dell Venue 11 Pro (battery drain issue during connected standby).

Anyway, after doing extensive search on this forum and elsewhere, the issue of SP3 not hibernating after 4 hrs in connected standby seems to be due to some VM program installed (hyper-v enabled, which prevents hibernate).

But in my case, I didn't have hyper-v enabled. So, after further research, what I did was uninstall the wifi driver, installed an older version of wifi driver (picked from list), then restart the SP3, then finally reinstall the latest wifi driver (again picked from the list when you say "let me pick" option.)

After doing this, my SP3 has vastly improved connected standby battery drain AND it now hibernates after 4 hrs of connected standby.

I'm a happy SP3 owner. :)

OP
S

sergius

I'm a brand new SP3 owner. I actually experienced this exact issue 2 days into my ownership. This drove me crazy as I had similar issue with my Dell Venue 11 Pro (battery drain issue during connected standby).

Anyway, after doing extensive search on this forum and elsewhere, the issue of SP3 not hibernating after 4 hrs in connected standby seems to be due to some VM program installed (hyper-v enabled, which prevents hibernate).

But in my case, I didn't have hyper-v enabled. So, after further research, what I did was uninstall the wifi driver, installed an older version of wifi driver (picked from list), then restart the SP3, then finally reinstall the latest wifi driver (again picked from the list when you say "let me pick" option.)

After doing this, my SP3 has vastly improved connected standby battery drain AND it now hibernates after 4 hrs of connected standby.

I'm a happy SP3 owner. :)

I am glad to read it. I will try before reset my surface