What's new

hibernation after 4 hours not working

OP
S

sergius

Cause the two are built for the exact same purposes and design situations?

I see, better not complaining about surface problems...

I am very happy with my surface, I can do anything... But it is a very expensive device (1300€), it would work very fine

I can enumerate several problems I did not expect in a expensive device

OP
S

sergius

complain away, I have lots of complaints here about SP3. But compare the same/similar things.

I disagree, of course I cannot compare functionality, surface 3 is more a computer than an ARM tablet.

However I can compare quality and commitment . To be honest, Apple builds high quality products and they always work as expected. Microsoft needs to improve in this area.

- wifi problems: Still not definitively solved
- Hibernation issue
- throlling
- poor gaming performance (due to outupdate driver)
- etc...

ynohtna

Apple controls pretty much everything and people have pretty much only whatever option is given to them.

MS can't control all the other hardware providers and people have a lot of choice. Granted I was expecting the SP3 to be the reference design of a perfectly working device, they still relied on hardware partners to put it all together.

So far my Windows 8.1 experience involves a Lenovo Helix and SP3... The SP3 is definitely a lot better in terms of software stability even after 1.5 year head start Lenovo had to fix things prior to the SP3, it still sucks.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I disagree, of course I cannot compare functionality, surface 3 is more a computer than an ARM tablet.

However I can compare quality and commitment . To be honest, Apple builds high quality products and they always work as expected. Microsoft needs to improve in this area.

- wifi problems: Still not definitively solved
- Hibernation issue
- throlling
- poor gaming performance (due to outupdate driver)
- etc...
Apple has wifi issues
And every computer made nowadays does throlling aka throttling... the new MacBook Air will to I guarantee it. Most of the tools people use to probe and tweak their PCs aren't supported on a Mac though so you never see anyone talk about it. ignorance is bliss.
Games available for an iPad were made for an iPad and it wont run a Mac game so you don't have fools trying to run Mac Games with high power requirements on an iPad. People just have no common sense at all, then complain about it.

OP
S

sergius

Apple has wifi issues
And every computer made nowadays does throlling aka throttling... the new MacBook Air will to I guarantee it. Most of the tools people use to probe and tweak their PCs aren't supported on a Mac though so you never see anyone talk about it. ignorance is bliss.
Games available for an iPad were made for an iPad and it wont run a Mac game so you don't have fools trying to run Mac Games with high power requirements on an iPad. People just have no common sense at all, then complain about it.
Ok, you are right. Lets end this discussion

By the way, I am no longer suffering hibernation issue. What I have done?? Nothing

I just restarted surface and now it seems to be ok

goldfinch711

I have recently bought a Surface Pro 3 and recognized the same issue that it won't enter hibernation after four hours since I have installed Kaspersky AntiVirus 2015 trial. After uninstalling Kaspersky everything has changed back to normal. I'm now good with free AntiVirus software from Avira.
So, do you have Kaspersky installed on your Surface?

OP
S

sergius

Nope, I have no antivirus other than Windows Defender...

But in my case, It has been working for 3 days after I reboot my surface!