What's new

High Temperatures and fan noise under normal conditions / Wifi Speed

sebastianson

Hey guys,

it's my first time using this forum and thanks for all of you who keep this site running! And even if English is not my native language I'm pretty sure that I'll express my problem with my Surface Pro 3 i5/128GB successfully.

So, I bought my Surface almost 3 month ago in Canadian BestBuy with a Cover Keyboard and MS Home Office. First weeks with it were great but now I recognize very high temperatures by just looking Videos on YouTube. CoreTemp, which I turned on for a period of 10 minutes while watching a video, showed me a CPU max. temperature of 78 degrees Celsius which seems to me very high because I didn't do anything else than just watching Videos (even if they were on 720p or higher). Of course the device fans were very loud in this situation - it feels for me like if they were on 100%. Additionally I had neither a battery saving setting on nor a high CPU usage at this moment.

A second problem I recognized is that my Wifi speed often feels very decreased. Once I started an online speedtest and it showed me a very low Wifi speed within the first seconds. It increased by the time the speedtest continued but the speed is not a minimum of what it is supposed to be at all.

Does anyone know if these problems I have are known problems or should I bring it back to BestBuy?

Thanks and have a nice evening!

Sebastian

Attachments

• temperatureSP3.png
    temperatureSP3.png
    121.8 KB · Views: 545

RémiM

Canadian but not anglophone: Québécois ? If yes, we can speak about your problem in french (I am from Québec too -- then easier in french for me as well) through private messages, because the things you are mentioning have already been debated 100 times (in english).

jonypx09

Hey guys,

it's my first time using this forum and thanks for all of you who keep this site running! And even if English is not my native language I'm pretty sure that I'll express my problem with my Surface Pro 3 i5/128GB successfully.

So, I bought my Surface almost 3 month ago in Canadian BestBuy with a Cover Keyboard and MS Home Office. First weeks with it were great but now I recognize very high temperatures by just looking Videos on YouTube. CoreTemp, which I turned on for a period of 10 minutes while watching a video, showed me a CPU max. temperature of 78 degrees Celsius which seems to me very high because I didn't do anything else than just watching Videos (even if they were on 720p or higher). Of course the device fans were very loud in this situation - it feels for me like if they were on 100%. Additionally I had neither a battery saving setting on nor a high CPU usage at this moment.

A second problem I recognized is that my Wifi speed often feels very decreased. Once I started an online speedtest and it showed me a very low Wifi speed within the first seconds. It increased by the time the speedtest continued but the speed is not a minimum of what it is supposed to be at all.

Does anyone know if these problems I have are known problems or should I bring it back to BestBuy?

Thanks and have a nice evening!

Sebastian

I recommend watching YouTube videos either on Internet Explorer or a standalone MUI app. Personally, I use Hyper for YouTube (http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-ca/app/hyper-for-youtube/aa71044c-c4b9-4a9c-96fa-2ab6f9d716c8)