What's new

Highly experimental beta utility needs testing

toaf

with all the gesture stuff. are they working on any kind if a standard? i don't want to relearn how to type every program i try

OP
tabletpro

tabletpro

Supporting Vendor
with all the gesture stuff. are they working on any kind if a standard? i don't want to relearn how to type every program i try

As far as I know no one else is doing this. If your concern is relearning I would definitely suggest waiting.

I used the frequency of use standard to build this last of many attempts, much better than previous attempts.

toaf

well i am using it more and more, almost seems like it's slowing a few things down on my SP2 even when it's not being used. do you know if that code you sent me can be reused? like if i uninstall it, then reinstall it?

Haldi

i'd love to try this out.
Even though the onscreen keyboard for Windows 10 is waaaay better than windows 8.1 it still has a lot of flaws.

OP
tabletpro

tabletpro

Supporting Vendor
i'd love to try this out.
Even though the onscreen keyboard for Windows 10 is waaaay better than windows 8.1 it still has a lot of flaws.
Hi Haldi,

Can I ask, what it is about the windows 10 keyboard that you like more?

Interested in your thoughts.

Haldi

the floating Thumb Keyboard is finally useable.
Meaning you can use your Tablet as an Tablet.

W8
keyboard-thumbs.png

W10
keyboard-thumb.png

If we now could freely resize the keyboard that would be great!

OP
tabletpro

tabletpro

Supporting Vendor
Hello everyone,

I hope that everyone has had a chance to play with the new gesture keyboard. It's some work!

Here are the questions I have for you.

1. Were you able to get the keyboard keys mapped to gestures successfully?
a. if not, was this the process that kept you from trying the feature?
b. would you prefer that it was a preset option?

2. Assuming you were able to get the keyboard setup, what programs did you use it in?
a. in those programs, what feature did you find you didn't have that you wished you had?
b. where was tabletpcmouse most useful to you? aka, biggest gains?

3. What area did you find that you needed more instruction? Install? Setup? Learning the keyboard? Application of gestures in software?

last question, and don't feel like you need to answer all these questions to answer one of them.

4. What keys did you place on the screen that complimented your workflow the most? (I typically have shift, ctrl, space, alt, undo, redo and the up, down, left, right keys for my 2d work.)

screenshots of setups are really great if you can load them up here.

Thank you everyone for participating.

OP
tabletpro

tabletpro

Supporting Vendor
I am also starting a new thread in digital art as I am looking for artists who use TabletPCMouse to feature on the front page of our website. If that is of interest to you please send me a message or reply here. We are looking for about 8 total artists to start, so please message quickly if you are interested.

Justice

Ham780

Hi, New to the forum but I was just wondering what the outcome was? I'm looking for a better on screen keyboard solution