What's new

Hit by Murphy's law last night

Ruffles

Last night, I taught a photoshop class for my camera club. I've had CS5 installed on my surface for a while and I went through my presentation previously and everything worked great...just like it always has. My Surface has never let me down. Last night, however, it seemed like it was out to get me. It was weird, for the first time ever, my shift keys would stick on the type cover. Also, when I connected to our HDTV via HDMI, it claimed that 1360x766 was the optimum resolution instead of 1920x1080. When I manually set that mode, it went into panning.

It was strange. The only thing different than other times I've used photoshop was my wifi was off, and the screen was duplicated at a low res. Both things that should have had no effect on the keyboard and photoshop. Oh well, I made it thru OK and several people afterwards wanted a demo as they were amazed to see a tablet running photoshop :).

MickeyLittle

Last night, I taught a photoshop class for my camera club. I've had CS5 installed on my surface for a while and I went through my presentation previously and everything worked great...just like it always has. My Surface has never let me down. Last night, however, it seemed like it was out to get me. It was weird, for the first time ever, my shift keys would stick on the type cover. Also, when I connected to our HDTV via HDMI, it claimed that 1360x766 was the optimum resolution instead of 1920x1080. When I manually set that mode, it went into panning.

It was strange. The only thing different than other times I've used photoshop was my wifi was off, and the screen was duplicated at a low res. Both things that should have had no effect on the keyboard and photoshop. Oh well, I made it thru OK and several people afterwards wanted a demo as they were amazed to see a tablet running photoshop :).

That is embarrassing and disappointing though as you come to count on and just expect it to work! There is something to be said for consistency!

kozak79

You know, I noticed the sticking keys too. When using Photoshop CS6, my Alt, Ctrl and Shift keys constantly stick, I have to hit them all fast to reset the sticking. Not sure what is causing this. I'm using the original Type Cover.

bluegrass

That flippin' Murphy guy has visited me many times over the past 40 plus years working on this stuff. He always seems to show up at the worst time. I've learned to expect his visit now and then. The one thing I always recommend when he does show up is get as clean a re-boot as you can by powering your computer off and on again. Once in awhile it takes twice to do the trick. Not always, but many times it has chased Mr. Murphy away.